The classic solitaire game known to all users of Windows OS is now available on ZX EVO for owners of the TS-Config platform!
Drag the cards between columns and into home stacks, draw cards from the deck, think. The game features the following modes: three-card and one-card hand, vegas, and classic.
This game is intended to run on the ZX Evolution + TS-Config platform (which is one of the modern “ZX Spectrum” branches). Also, the Windows version is available using an integrated emulator (UnrealSpeccy).
If you want to know how to play Solitaire, you first need to know what you will see when you launch the game. The desktop will be divided into three zones, and we will talk about each separately.
The first zone (1) is a buy-in or a stockpile. It is from it that you will be taking cards that you can use to collect solitaire. The second zone (2) is four empty bases or foundations. This is where you will be stacking the cards by suit and in order. They must be complete for you to win. The third zone (3) is columns or the game block, in which the most interesting will be happening. It consists of seven piles of cards. The first column on the left has one card, the second column has two cards, the third has three cards. This continues for the rest of the seven columns including seven cards in the seventh column. The top card in each column is turned face up, the rest of the cards are face down.
In the first place, you should look at the third zone, since this is where you have to collect stacks of cards. You need to sort the cards by putting a card on top of the one higher in value, and this card must also be of a different color: if there is a black card at the end of the column, you can only put a red card on top, and vice versa. As you can see, success is not easy. When the third zone runs out of suitable cards, it is time to pay attention to the first block with the stockpile. Click on the deck to open a card, which can then be used in the game block. If you get an empty column, you can start a new column with a King.
Now that you understand how to play solitaire, let’s talk about the goal of the game. Remember the second block with empty bases? These are the ones you need to fill during the game. There are four bases for the four suits. The first thing to put on the base is an Ace, then the 2, 3, 4, ending with the Queen and then King. Once you have completed all four bases from Ace to King, you are the winner.
Please note that by default you can view and play cards from the stockpile one by one. This is a fairly low level of difficulty since all problems can arise only with those cards that are face down in the third block. That is why many gamers go into the settings and set the deal of cards by three. This means that no one, but three cards will be dealt from the stockpile at once, but only one of them, the top one, will be available. Accordingly, the level of difficulty increases. Thus, you can compete with other players on two different difficulty levels.
Top right side – the flag icon changes the game language (Russian, English, Spanish).
Then come the overall time and time in the game. Then the “Vegas” mode and the number of attempts to flip through the stockpile (works only in the “Vegas” mode).
Then the number of points. Please note that the game has two different scoring systems – “Vegas” and “Classic”.
Then comes the “Undo Move” button, which allows undoing a wrong move.
And finally, the main “menu”.
- “Deal one card at a time or three” – Select the preferred option and click “Start a new game”.
- “Vegas” mode. Changes the rules of the game and the scoring rules. Works after you start a new game.
- “Music” – You can change wonderful compositions from NIK-O or select the silent mode.
- “Backlight” – Enable or disable highlighting of slots.
- The best result is saved and displayed in the menu. When you select the “Vegas” mode, the best result is displayed for this particular mode.
- “Start a new game” – start a new game.
Except for the “deal one card at a time” and “Vegas” modes, all other settings, including language, are saved automatically.
Music: N1k-o, MmcM
Testing: Black Cat, Inside
- Fixed mouse speed, the mouse control algorithm was redone
- Fixed a bug with the kempston joystick processing (only the Full Kempston was working before, now the Standard Kempston also works)
- Added auto-collection of maps at the end of the game (this is the most important difference)
- Added Covox Sound Effects
- Added more cool music
- Improved controls: QAOP Space + Enter (mouse acceleration) to Full Kempston acceleration А, С keys
- Fixed graphics: crosses on the windows are removed, since they were not functional
- Added TFM Sound Card version of the game
- Initial bug-free release